– Kavita Bakshi
STRESS- is a cumbersome element which somehow deteriorates the mental aura of any being.
The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.
Stress is a part of everybody’s life. We all must have undergone stress in our lives. It varies from person to person. For a student-stress may be related to studies, exams. For a grown-up-stress may be related to career, relationships, responsibilities, job, family, business etc. For an old fogey-it can be illness etc.
There are many techniques for managing stress.
In times of stress, it’s always best to keep busy, to plough your energy into something positive.
The examination is an undoubted situation, which calls for stress either in the form of sweaty palms or heart palpitations. Some common signs of stress are observed among students during exam time like- confusion, lack of motivation, upset stomach, fidgeting, trouble sleeping etc….In order to avoid crippling anxiety from such evaluations, it is important to approach them with a clear mind. Remember passing an exam is the only part of the story. There is always a second chance or another way to reach your goals. Success is guaranteed if stress is combated and managed effectively. Give your stress wings and let it fly away. So, here are few tips to overcome stress, anxiety during board exams:-
1. Self Analysis – Students must analyse themselves subject-wise and chapter-wise and their weak areas. They should get their doubts clarified with the help of their teachers.
2. Adhering time management – Students must manage their time meticulously. They must follow a proper time table and must plan a strategy wisely.
3. Include physical activities – Students must exercise and meditate to refresh their energy. Yoga, meditation and exercise are the stress relievers.
4. Eat healthy – Students must opt for balanced food choices. They must never skip breakfast as it is very much needed for an active morning and strong concentration. They must curb junk and fast food in their diet to prevent stomach disorder.
5. Effective good night sleep – The virtues of good night sleep should not be underestimated during exam season. A minimum of 6-7 hours of sleep is a must for a student for a fresh start and eliminating anxiety.
Take rest, a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.
6. Be Focussed – Students must focus on studies and must shun their social media, phones and must unplug them for struggling against stress.
A general rule of thumb is to moderate your workload and avoid taking on too much. Following the tips above can ensure you find and maintain a good balance in your academic life. Try not to stress yourself and remember it is only an exam. So, Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.